Glo & Go has transitioned to a virtually fun-filled event. Come out and support YWCA Programs and Mission: Eliminating Racism Empowering Women, during the 9th Annual Glo & Go Run
During these challenging times, YWCA is striving to find ways to keep our community connected.
Since we cannot gather together this year, we encourage everyone to join us virtually with a run, walk, hike, (or treadmill session) around your neighborhood, park or favorite trail.
How it works:
- The event runs between September 5 and October 3
- Choose your own day, and any time that fits your schedule
- You can walk, run, skate, hike, bike, or any way to accumulate steps
- Visit your favorite trail, park or your own neighborhood
- Or, use our map and walk around Corpus Christi visiting favorite local stops
- Track your miles/steps via any application (Nike Run Club, Map My Run, Runkeeper, etc.) or pedometer and submit your weekly results HERE.
- All participants will receive a custom t-shirt and a runner’s bib
- Fill out the online waiver (below)
- Complete the registration process by paying participant fee and selecting a t-shirt size at the Custom Ink website. (Click here or click the tickets icon)
Stay Connected – Stay Together all while socially distancing
Adults $25 – Students $15
Contact email@example.com for more details
Glo & Go Route – 50 mile walk/run starting and ending at YWCA with suggested challenges:
- YWCA to Harbor Bridge (9.7 miles)
Post photo of sunrise/sunset, include favorite run pics
- Bridge to U.S.S. Lexington (2.3 miles)
Post your favorite airplane story, airplane picture, military picture, etc.
- U.S.S. Lexington to Water Gardens @ ABC (3.5 miles)
Do 10 minutes of yoga or meditation and post your picture
- Water Gardens to Mirador De La Flor (via Water Street and Waters Edge Park) (5.5 miles)
Show us your best Cumbia moves!
- Mirador De La Flor to Cole Park (4 miles)
Be a kid on the playground and post your picture
- Cole Park to TAMUCC Trail head entering at trail end (7.5 miles)
Pictures on trials such as a picture of bird sighting
- TAMUCC to Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve (Ed. Center) (5 miles)
Picture of favorite CC trail, take a hike, become one with nature, etc.
- Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve to Botanical Gardens (8 miles)
Smell the roses, butterfly garden, work in your own garden, etc
- Botanical Gardens to YWCA (6.5 miles)
Finish what you started, show us your celebration dance, etc.